Freezer Meals You Can Prep Ahead Of Time For Quick Slow Cooker Dinners
1 Hour, 8 Meals - From Freezer To Slow Cooker, These Dinners Are Delicious
Marilyn Caylor 10/13/2016
Making meals in a slow cooker is the most efficient way to get dinner on the table in a "hurry." You just dump in a few ingredients in the morning, and it cooks all day while you're at work or spending time with the kids.
If you want an even quicker way to make your meals, do the prep work ahead of time and freeze it! We've put together a list of the best, and easiest, slow cooker freezer meals. Also known as "freezer dump meals," these dinners require minimal prep and can be assembled up to 3 months in advance.
Freezer Bag Tips And Tricks:
To keep track of what's inside the bag, don't forget to:
1. Label it with the name of the dish.
2. Indicate the length of time it needs to cook.
3. What temperature does this meal require - LOW or HIGH?
4. Note if there are extra ingredients that should be added prior to cooking.
5. Searing meats is not necessary, although this may create an additional depth to its flavor.
6. Bags can be left in the fridge overnight to thaw, although this step is not necessary.
7. Whether you freeze the bags upright or flat is totally up to you. If you thaw it overnight, it's simple to dump the ingredients straight into the slow cooker. If you freeze it standing upright, this makes it easier to let the bag sit directly inside the pot.